Rebuild Navigator here to help
Ventura County Community Foundation and The Salvation Army were successful in working out funding to have a part-time position to assist those who are in the rebuilding process.
REBUILD NAVIGATOR - The role serves as a technical adviser and resource to Ventura County Long Term Disaster Recovery Group’s disaster case managers and their clients providing technical expertise on the re-building process. The Rebuild Navigator has over 30 years of experience in construction, including rebuilds after the Northridge earthquake. He is a Licensed General Building Contractor and General Engineering Contractor. The Rebuild Navigator may include other technical advisors on his team depending on specific areas of expertise.
- Provide guidance, technical advice and expertise to disaster case managers as they assist fire affected families with the navigation of documents, permits, and other requirements within the re-build process
- Advise fire affected families at key milestones and decision-making points throughout the re-build process in coordination with disaster case manager
- Maintain open dialogue and foster relationships with City/County personnel
- Cultivate effective relationships with partner agencies/organizations, inspectors, vendors, and the community
- Serve as advisor and technical expert to LTDRG Allocation Table in relation costs, fees and re-build process
- Serve as ombudsman for community members whose homes were damaged or lost in wildfires serving as an objective 3rd party in conversations between fire affected household and agencies and/or vendors.
• Or Complete our initial intake form: https://tinyurl.com/VCDisasterHelpRequest
Monthly full group meetings: are held the last Wednesday of each month, 9:30 a.m.- 11a.m. at the Ventura County Community Foundation (4001 Mission Oaks Blvd., Ste. A
Camarillo, CA 93012).
Next meeting is Wednesday, October 30th, 2019. This month will be a virtual meeting.
Please request the call-in number by emailing the Facilitator
at [email protected]
We have form…Read More »
We know that the challenges of recovery are not limited to the initial days and weeks following a disaster. If you are struggling with temporary housing costs, home repair/rebuild costs, replacing lost household items, or mental health support due to losses caused by the Thomas, Hill or Woolsey Fires please provide us with some basic information and a disaster case manager from …Read More »
The Ventura County Long-Term Disaster Recovery Group (VC LTDRG) is a collaborative that was formed out of the catalytic efforts of FEMA, Ventura County Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VC VOAD), California Office of Emergency Services and local social service agencies and community groups.
The LTDRG welcomes community partnerships to crea…Read More »