How We Work
In 2022 we are holding quarterly meetings: The next meeting is Wednesday, July 27th, 2022. The meeting will be a video conference call. Please contact [email protected] for the call-in information.
The VC LTDRG is guided by a steering committee made up of the chairs of each of the following committees. Committees are focused on specific aspects of recovery.
The individual committees have separate meetings. Contact committee chairs for details on meeting times and locations. As of 2022, committees are focusing on documenting lessons and integrating best practices into preparedness plans as part of the Ventura County VOAD.If you would like to receive email updates about the work of the VC LTDRG including invites to the meetings please contact [email protected] and request to be added to the email list.
Download a fact sheet and FAQs about the VC LTDRG.
Recovery Progress reports - The VC LTDRG takes the opportunity to reflect on its own activities and actions periodically. We produce and share annual update and progress reports.
- Case management: Works to coordinate unduplicated efforts to clients affected by the disaster including assisting with recovery plans and referrals to respective agencies to match needs with services.
Committee Chair: Laura Krolikowski, Salvation Army
- Finance / Fundraising: Works to secure grants, donations and other resources for the Ventura County LTDRG and coordinates with other entities (i.e. Manufacturers, supplies, etc) to secure donations and funding.
Committee Chair: Susan Englund, United Way Ventura County
- Communications: Coordinates communications with the community. Anne Whatley, VC LTDRG Facilitator and Network Impact
- Community Assessment: Canvases the community to identify recovery gaps and unmet needs. This committee shares gaps and needs to the LTDRG .
Committee Chair: Jeff Lambert, Ventura County Community Foundation
- Community Wellness: Works to organize resources in the areas of mental health, physical health, spiritual well being, financial and legal services, and the involvement of local social services agencies. Committee chair: Kirsti Thompson, Give an Hour
- Volunteer Coordination: Works to utilize experiences groups and unaffiliated volunteers to recovery projects (i.e. construction) to match the volunteer skills with project needs. The committee assists the volunteer groups with local logistics (lodging, vendors) Committee operating out of VC VOAD.
- Housing: Oversees the coordination of resources on rebuilding and scheduling of rebuilding projects for VC LTDRG cases. Currently operating as subcommittee of Disaster Case management.