How We Work
Monthly full group meetings: are held the last Wednesday of each month, 9:30a.m.- 11a.m. at the Ventura County Community Foundation (4001 Mission Oaks Blvd., Ste. A
Camarillo, CA 93012).
Next meeting is Wednesday, April 24th, 2019
We have formed committees focused on specific aspects of recovery. The VC LTDRG is guided by a steering committee made up of the chairs of each of the following committees.
The individual committees have separate meetings. Contact committee chairs for details on meeting times and locations.If you would like to receive email updates about the work of the VC LTDRG please contact [email protected] and request to be added to the email list.
Download a fact sheet and FAQs about the LTDRG.
- Case management: Works to coordinate unduplicated efforts to clients affected by the disaster including assisting with recovery plans and referrals to respective agencies to match needs with services.
Committee Chair: Nicholas Minh Nguyen, Salvation Army
- Finance / Fundraising: Works to secure grants, donations and other resources for the Ventura County LTDRG and coordinates with other entities (i.e. Manufacturers, supplies, etc) to secure donations and funding.
Committee Chair: Susan Englund, United Way Ventura County
- Communications: Coordinates communications with the community. Anne Whatley, Network Impact and CLU Center for Nonprofit Leadership, Nonprofit Leadership Council Steering Committee
- Community Assessment: Canvases the community to identify recovery gaps and unmet needs. This committee shares gaps and needs to the LTDRG .
Committee Chair: Jim Rivera, Ventura County Community Foundation
- Volunteer Coordination: Works to utilize experiences groups and unaffiliated volunteers to recovery projects (i.e. construction) to match the volunteer skills with project needs. The committee assists the volunteer groups with local logistics (lodging, vendors) Committee Chair: Lora Kline, United Way Ventura County
- Housing: Oversees the coordination and scheduling of all rebuilding projects for cases approved by the VC LTDRG process-a project manager function.